Other interesting references
Research abstract program of the 21st Annual American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum, Charlotte, NC, June 4-7, 2003-06-10
Below you find the titles of some of the abstracts presented at the the 21st Anual American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum, published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 17: page 369.
- Buchanan, B. R.: Effect of a 24-hour infusion of an isotonic replacement fluid on the renal excretion of sodium in healthy four-day-old foals
- Bahr, A.: Evaluation of gastric emptying characteristics of pelleted meals in the horse using radioscintigraphy
- Finno, C.: Effect of fitness on glucose and insulin responses to diets varying in starchand fat content in thoroughbreds with recurrent exertional rhabdomyolysis
- Annandale, E.: Glut1, glut4 and Insulin Receptor content of skeletal muscle in quarter horses with polysacheride storage myopathy
- Lacombe, V.: Insulin sensitive glucose-transporter (Glut 4) protein content in equine skeletal muscle: characterization: Effects of exercise and carbohydrate administration
- McKenzie, E.: The effect of oral dantrolene sodium on postexercise serum creatinine kinase activity in thoroughbred horses with Recurrent Exertional Rhabdomyolysis.
Paz S, Pellegrini, A.G., Fornari, M.C. Tapia, S.J. and Diez, R.A. 2003. Preliminary observation: effects of dietary supplementation with brewer's yeast (Saccharomyces uvarum) on the respiratory burst of neutrophils in creole horses in training.Veterinaria-Mexico 34: p 103-110
Deaton, C.M., Marlin, D.J., Smith, N.C. Roberts, C.A. Harris, P.A., Kelly, F.J. Schroter, R.C. Pulmonary bioavailability of ascorbic acid in an ascorbate-synthesising species, the horse. Free-Radical-Research. 37: p 461-467. Website and Publisher: http://www.SwetsWise.com/eAccess/viewToc.do?titleID=80744&yevoID=1021577